Wednesday, January 27, 2010
So, another birthday has come and gone. It was just about the same as all the rest, but this year I'm more thankful to have another year. Seems like too many folks I know are suffering from one thing or another, and I'm being given this free pass. No real issues to deal with and not sure why I deserve to have is so easy. It's been a 3 day celebration for the passing of this year, and I've enjoyed every minute. Seems to all revolve around food these days. Started out with a bouquet of very pretty flowers (an oh how I do looove flowers) and a couple of cards from the hubbs and son. Hubbs always gets the mushy cards that say all of the nice things that we mean to say, but don't. Kiddo picked out his very own card and was oh so proud of it. Alvin and the Chipmunks sang me a little ditty when I opened it. Even better, my son starts doing the Robot...yes, the dance from the 80's. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen...and he was actually good at it. All of this fun and excitement came after a fun time with drinks and appetizers with a couple of girlfriends. We seemed to talk about all "getting older" stuff. I just don't feel that old! Tuesday was full of good, unhealthy food as well. Lunch at the office from Macaroni Grill and banana cake made by a co-worker, then dinner at home with the family. Hubbs makes one of the best steaks you can get. Of course, he made his specialty for dessert...slice and bake cookies. Good thing I managed to get 30 minutes on the trainer...not sure it did much to put a dent in the calories I consumed today, but atleast it moved the blood around to help keep the arteries from clogging due to the rediculous amount of butter in everything I ate today. This morning, cake for breakfast. Can't let something that someone worked so hard on go to waste now can I?!?! Lunch, ahhhh lunch. PF Changs, Asian Bistro. Noodles. I love noodles, and they are not healthy, not even a little bit. Oh well, this may be the end of the birthday celebrations. I ran 16 miles on Saturday, and I'm doing 18 miles this Saturday, so hopefully I can work of at least a small percentage of the calories I've consumed this week. We have a cold front and some rain moving in at the end of the week. I'm hoping like a kid that hates school that this turns into a winter event for the state...and a free day off work for me. I need a 3 day weekend!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment