Monday, March 22, 2010
Spring Sprang!
After a long and miserable winter (due to the cold), spring has finally arrived. And, not a moment too soon. The cold weather would have absolutely killed me if it weren't for a huge goal that I had...the 2010 Little Rock Marathon. Never would have thought I would complete a marathon...I'm just not that athletic. However, with a good friend cheering you on from your side the whole way...it was possible. The training took me out before daylight most Saturdays this winter and in sub freezing temps. For some weird and still unknown reason, I enjoyed and even looked forward to these long, cold, dark runs. Once the marathon week rolled around, I was as nervous as I've ever been. I was so afraid of letting myself and my training partner down. Everything turned out perfect. We started out running further and faster than I thought. Other than a long walk at mile 19, the race wasn't all that bad. By the time that I started to think I couldn't do it, the finish line was only 5 miles away. Crossed the finish line and just like that...it was over. All the training, all of the hours and miles...and it was just over. Ok, new goal. Going to complete a 100 mile bike ride in June. I'm thinking it won't be quite as hard as the marathon...may take the same amount of time though. Speaking of milestones, the kiddo is almost 6 years old. Where does this time go so fast. Seems like it was just a year ago we were having our evening picnics in the front yard with a couple of jars of babyfood and a bottle. He's reading, doing addition and subtraction, and just about knows more about science and social studies than Dan and I combined. He is so smart...so much smarter than we were at this age. And Dan:) He's never done with his to do list. Always fixing and building, he never seems to stop. He's recently helped his mother buy a house, and that is his new project. Lots of cosmetic stuff to be done, but she got a heck of a house for not very much dinero. And these animals... Kitty and Banjo now see eye to eye. Banjo just understands that if he gets that eye too close that it will get slapped. Banjo is like having a puppy that won't grow up, but we love that dog to pieces. Just last night he ate a loaf of bread, a sleeve of crackers and 2 fruit roll ups while we were at the store. Sheesh. Porsche is getting a little older and a little slower, but enjoys Banjo's company. We all enjoy each other's company and are so thankful for all that we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment