slow down

enjoy each and every blessing

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday House is a sure sign that the Holidays have arrived. It's usually a Saturday morning girls' outing. This year we decided to beat the crowd and head on over Thursday evening. Dan had plans, so Michael tagged along. I must say, he was a trooper. There's nothing you can't get him to do for a Reeses Cup and some Legos!

I wish I could see more of these. With the time change, it's super hard to get a bike ride in after work. I was lucky enough to catch this sunset one afternoon shortly after the time change.



With his little cousin spending the night fairly regularly, we needed another bed in Michael's room. We hunted high and low and even contemplated building a set of bunk beds. While shopping around and checking out our options, the kid fell in love with this contraption. And, it was cheap. So, we bought it. Now, if we could just get him to sleep in it all night every night. Lately, he's been heading to our bed around 4am. A king bed just isn't big enough for 3 people. Changes a comin' and he's probably not going to be happy.



Little Rock has done a phenomenal job with the River Market area of downtown. There is always something going on. This weekend, ice skating. All of us had a blast. It was so warm and muggy, we were all drenched by the time our hour was up.



Thanksgiving has come and gone and the tree is decorated. We usually go to Bradbury Tree farm out in the Sardis area (I think). This year, we decided to check out what the local nursery in Mayflower had to offer. Now I don't know the names of my Christmas trees, but I've always wanted one like this and the tree farm never had them. Dan's always sworn that these trees were cut a month before they show up on the lot. Nursery owner says it ain't so! They are cut by his buddy in WV one day and they are on his lot the next. That's just one day less fresh than cutting it down ourselves! Score 1 for me this year. It priced out about the same as going all the way to the tree farm if you take gasoline into account. Plus, we were still spending money at a local family owned and operated business.


Banjo and Porsche wish you a very Merry Christmas.



No comments: